About Roles and Permissions
This article is only relevant for the Product Owners of this application: in our words ‘the manager’.
As with most applications, we have built in a Permissions and Roles system to organise and manage the users and content.
For example, all trainers from Country X do not have to have access to the content from Country Y. The same with the content from the Marketing Department and the Sales Department.
It’s very easy to create and manage this (important: only applies if you have our Teams or Corporate package).
Company level vs. Department level
To improve the structure of your account, you can create various Departments. This could be anything: a country, business unit, your own team structure etc.
This has the following consequences:
- Teacher on Company level has access to all content, also from all the Departments
- Teacher on Department level only sees the content of that particular Department
- Content stored on Company level is accessible for all users, also for everybody in the Departments
- Content stored on Department level is accessible only for that particular Department
- Managers can also have different roles. A Manager on Company level can manage everything and also has access to everything.
- You can also appoint a Manager for a specific Department. This Department Manager can only manage that particular Department and also has only access to the Content of that Department
If you have any question about this topic or you need any other type of support, please contact our Support Team.